Welcome to Day 2 of the Xyron/Kaisercraft Blog HOP! I'm so excited to be participating today! If you'd like to catch up on yesterday's fun, head over to the Xyron blog
for a recap!
My first project is this altered home decor piece, the bare blanks are a Beyond the Page set from Kaisercraft (SB2230
Here's how it got 'created':
1. First I ran all the fence panels through my Xyron Creatopia
with Permanent Adhesive Cartridge. Stick them down on a piece of heavy weight patterned paper or cardstock....don't worry about the pattern, it won't be seen in the finished piece.
2. Tear away random pieces of the paper, leaving an uneven surface. You'll have to work at this step...the Xyron adhesive really sticks...but it's worth it!
3. Paint all the fence pieces (planks and frame) with white acrlic paint. Repeat the tearing process on the planks if desired. Layer on 2-3 more coats of white acrylic paint, until the pieces are completely white with no wood or paper showing through.
4. Ink the pieces with 2-3 shades of brown ink. Throw in some charcoal or black and some green in very small bits....the torn/wrinkled base will pick up the inks differently and create a great distressed background!
5. Adhere the fence panels to the frame, remembering to thread some jewelry wire through the holes prior to assembly. Ink the frame pieces that show through the gaps in the fence (I nearly forgot this step!)
6. To create custom chipboard alphabets in the font of your choice, print the word on your computer, flipping the text horizontally before printing (with some letters this step isn't necessary).
7. Run the printed paper through a Xyron Create a Sticker or Creative Station and adhere to chipboard. Cut out the letters. The chipboard side (not the printed side) should be the word you desire, with added DIMENSION!
8. I painted my lettters white, then ran the dry letters through the adhesive machine face down and adhered copious amounts of tinsel glitter for a fun custom embellishment in the exact size and font I wanted.
9. The piece was finished with a Spellbinders die
cut from a paper in the Kaisercraft Sugar Pop
line, some inked up die cuts from the same line (I used the reverse 'white' side to alter) and some Paper Blossoms
that I misted with some gold mist.
10. Some additional foliage die cuts (courtesy of Spellbinders) and a burlap bow finish the piece.
And VOILA! an awesome home decor piece that would make a perfect housewarming gift!
I also received enough supplies to create the following trio of 4x4 inch mini cards...perfect for my son's teacher's at school on Valentines Day!
The cards all use some more Sugar Pop paper, rub ons and die cuts...fabulous!
Check back right here tomorrow for another Kaisercraft/Xyron tutorial! pssst...it's another GREAT Valentine's Day project!!
Make sure you check out the entire week of Blog HOP goodness...go on over to the Xyron blog
to get started!